Here are the answers with discussion for this Weekend’s Quiz. The information provided should help you work out why you missed a question or three! If you haven’t already done the Quiz from yesterday then have a go at it before you read the answers. I hope this helps you develop an understanding of Modern…
Welcome to The Weekend Quiz. The quiz tests whether you have been paying attention or not to the blog posts that I post. See how you go with the following questions. Your results are only known to you and no records are retained.
- 1. The distinction between structural and the cyclical components of the final government balance helps us to determine the direction of the discretionary fiscal policy stance of the government. In that context, which of the following situations represents the more expansionary outcome:
- A government deficit equivalent to 5 per cent of GDP.
- A government deficit equivalent to 3 per cent of GDP.
- You cannot tell because you do not know the decomposition between the cyclical and structural components.
- 2. If private domestic investment is greater than private domestic saving and the current account is in deficit then the government balance has to be in deficit at all levels of GDP.
- 3. If a central bank continues to use Quantitative Easing to accompany net public spending, it would still require debt issuance to support a non-zero policy interest rate.
Sorry, quiz 697 is now closed.
You can find the answers and discussion here