Here are the answers with discussion for this Weekend’s Quiz. The information provided should help you work out why you missed a question or three! If you haven’t already done the Quiz from yesterday then have a go at it before you read the answers. I hope this helps you develop an understanding of Modern…
Welcome to The Weekend Quiz. The quiz tests whether you have been paying attention or not to the blog posts that I post. See how you go with the following questions. Your results are only known to you and no records are retained.
- 1. The automatic stabilisers increase fiscal deficits (or reduce surpluses) in times of slack aggregate demand. This sensitivity of the fiscal outcome to the business cycle would be eliminated if the government followed a fiscal rule that forced them to balance spending and taxation at all times.
- 2. If a nation is enjoying an external deficit, then one other sector must be spending more than it is earning.
- 3. It is clear that the central bank can use balance sheet management techniques to control yields on public debt at certain targetted maturities. However, this capacity to control the term structure of interest rates is diminished during periods of high inflation.
- 4. Special Xmas Holiday Question: Santa is having trouble keeping his sled and related delivery infrastructure in working order. But he knows
- The Bishop in Italy was right, there is no Santa kids.
- he has been told that the household budget is like a government fiscal balance and he understands the currency-issuing government has no financial constraints so he cannot work out why suppliers wont just accept his cheques.
- that he is a household and thus a user of the currency and will have to save, earn or borrow to generate the funds necessary to maintain his equipment.
- 5. We know that Santa has rejected the anti-vaxxer message.
Sorry, quiz 667 is now closed.
You can find the answers and discussion here