Here are the answers with discussion for this Weekend’s Quiz. The information provided should help you work out why you missed a question or three! If you haven’t already done the Quiz from yesterday then have a go at it before you read the answers. I hope this helps you develop an understanding of Modern…
Welcome to The Weekend Quiz. The quiz tests whether you have been paying attention or not to the blog posts that I post. See how you go with the following questions. Your results are only known to you and no records are retained.
- 1. Only one of the following propositions is possible for a nation with an external deficit over any given period (with all balances expressed as a per cent of GDP):
- A public surplus of equal size to the external deficit, with the private domestic sector saving overall.
- A public surplus of equal size to the external deficit, with the private domestic sector dis-saving overall.
- A public surplus larger than the external deficit, with the private domestic sector saving overall
- 2. If in attempting to estimate the cyclical component of a government fiscal outcome we underestimate the potential capacity of an economy, we will conclude that the government's discretionary fiscal position is less expansionary than it actually is.
- 3. Governments concerned with their public debt ratio should encourage growth because the debt ratio falls once economic growth resumes.
Sorry, quiz 660 is now closed.
You can find the answers and discussion here