Here are the answers with discussion for this Weekend’s Quiz. The information provided should help you work out why you missed a question or three! If you haven’t already done the Quiz from yesterday then have a go at it before you read the answers. I hope this helps you develop an understanding of Modern…
Welcome to The Weekend Quiz. The quiz tests whether you have been paying attention or not to the blog posts that I post. See how you go with the following questions. Your results are only known to you and no records are retained.
- 1. If austerity led to all national governments simultaneously running public surpluses (which is the aim) then it would be impossible for all their respective private domestic sectors to spend less than they earn.
- 2. A leakage from the spending system can occur via taxation, imports or saving which reduces the expenditure multiplier effect of government spending. Another leakage, which reduces the expansionary impact of government deficit spending on aggregate demand, occurs when the government matches the fiscal deficit with debt-issuance and drains private sector purchasing power.
- 3. The government deficit outcome each year published by the relevant statistical agencies summarises the economic policy stance of the government.
- 4. The largest challenge facing the world in the face of anthropomorphic climate change is:
- The glaciers are melting.
- Sea levels are rising.
- Increased drought, storm and bush fire activity.
- Santa might have to relocate as the North Pole melts.
Sorry, quiz 562 is now closed.
You can find the answers and discussion here